COME JOIN THE TEAM
AMC is looking for cool people with a passion to exceed expectations to work with us!
Shop Operations Manager
The primary responsibility is to carry out the required duties of the position with the highest quality control standards and with focus on excellent service to our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the safety and day to day operations of the production shop.
- Ensure outgoing product quality meets company and customer expectations.
- Delegate all fabrication tasks to shop personnel to meet production schedules and efficiency targets.
- Maintain effective communication with internal (Sales/Installation) and external (Wholesale/Retail) customers.
- Meet financial and operating objectives of company.
- Recruit, train, and develop workforce to ensure corporate goals are achieved in a safe, efficient manner.
- Make recommendations to ownership and management team on best practices and cost cutting opportunities.
- Keep a safe, organized, clean, and well maintained shop and granite yard.
- Lead and motivate employees to success.
- Lead the lean manufacturing process to implement and demonstrate results.
This position has direct and indirect reports.
- 5-10 years of leadership experience, including management of people, preferably in a manufacturing setting where hands-on management is needed
- Knowledge of modern production scheduling, manufacturing, and inventory control management principles
- Knowledge of warehousing, material handling, and equipment maintenance is preferred
- Ability to train new employees to proficiency in safety and operations
- Demonstrated history of building a successful team through hiring, developing, inspiring, and retaining team members
- Proven ability to partner as a successful member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to create, maintain, and report safety, production, and financial results
- Familiarity with granite fabrication including templating, layout, fabrication, and installation is a plus
- Dependability and integrity are a must
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, WCS and ERP programs. Some knowledge of PowerPoint would be helpful)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, averaging, percentages)
- Ability to motivate and LEAD manage a team
- Ability to effectively plan, communicate the plan and hold self and team members accountable to the plan
- Bilingual preferred, Spanish
Monday to Friday, but must allow flexibility that may include Saturdays and Sundays.
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Social Security, Simple IRA plan, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Health Care Plan, Dental Care Plan, Vision Care Plan, Short-term Disability Plan, Employee Discounts, Education/Training, Unemployment Compensation Insurance
Email your resume to email@example.com. Reference ‘Operations Manager’ in the subject line.