COME JOIN THE TEAM
AMC is looking for cool people with a passion to exceed expectations to work with us!
Measure Tech-Digital Template/CAD
AMC Countertops is currently seeking a Measure Tech to complement our existing team and facilitate our continued growth. Join the expanding AMC team and get started with a fun company that is established, proven, and always busy.
The ideal candidate for this position is a reliable and consistent individual who pays attention to detail. A positive and professional attitude is a requirement.
The Essential Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare – Look ahead at our schedule and prepare for all upcoming projects. This includes understanding material selections and layout, learning who the decision makers are on the project, and strategizing the logistics of the project.
- Create Digital Templates in the Field – Travel to the jobsite to measure cabinets with a digital templating system (laser or phototop).Verification of quoted drawings, making sure that all structures are prepared to accept the stone countertop and sink, faucets and elements that go on the countertop will work and fit correctly.
- Finalize all details – with decision makers, review expectations, provide prep instructions, go over measure checklist and get signed approval on details.
- Prep for other teams – Make sure that instructions for production, installation and project management teams are communicated clearly with site photos and notes, using Job Well Done, email and our Job Tracker.
- Complete DXF Drawing – Using DeltaCad, complete detailed and shop-ready for production drawing to bring back to the Project Manager. Drawing should be uploaded in our Job Tracker along with Calculations Sheet, Signed checklist, photos, templates.
- Communicate with Clients, designers and home builders to confirm arrival times, job site issues, and project procedures/protocol.
- Strong computer skills and basic math skills.
- Residential construction experience – Emphasis on stone/tile, millwork, casework, and/or finish carpentry.
- Working knowledge of a CAD software
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal, Visual, Written.
- Must be an excellent listener.
- Positive, Personable, and Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Organized and Punctual.
- Detail Oriented with a thorough attention to producing quality work.
- Field measuring or experience installing counter-tops
- Ability to handle and carry heavy sinks and cooktops.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must work well under deadlines.
- Excellent presentation
- Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- The ideal candidate should have at least 4 years of previous experience in the construction industry, with emphasis on millwork, casework, and finish carpentry. Command of construction math and computer skills are critical, combined with the ability to use or learn CAD with in-house training.
- Spatial planning skills and experience are essential to aide in visualizing the end product. This will also support our Installer’s ability to effectively move pieces into spaces without compromising the safety of the install crew or damaging the workspace.
- The daily work schedule of the CAD Templater is variable, but is mostly between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. There are occasions, however, when deadlines call for the entire team to work longer days of up to 12 hours.
- The CAD Templater is expected to keep up with email and phone correspondence with a company supplied smartphone. Occasionally issues will need to be solved outside of normal working hours.
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Social Security, Simple IRA plan, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Health Care Plan, Dental Care Plan, Vision Care Plan, Short-term Disability Plan, Employee Discounts, Education/Training, Unemployment Compensation Insurance.
Email your resume to Resume@amccountertops.com and reference ‘Measure Tech’ in the subject line.