COME JOIN THE TEAM
AMC is looking for cool people with a passion to grow, improve and provide a superb Customer Experience.
Administrative Assistant – Bookkeeper
AMC Countertops is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to complement our existing team and facilitate our continued growth. Join the expanding AMC team and get started with a fun company that is established, proven, and always busy.
The ideal candidate for this role is a reliable and consistent individual who pays extreme attention to detail and possesses a positive and professional attitude.
As a key supporting member to the finance and production department, the Administrative Assistant- Bookkeeper is responsible for bookkeeping tasks involving accounts payable, receivable, and general ledger items. The administrative assistant duties involve basic clerical support and answering administration phone calls. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, functions well in a fast-paced environment, and is a team player.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Specific examples of key responsibilities for both bookkeeping and administrative assistance functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Handles all aspects of accounts payable (A/P): verifying purchase order vs invoice amounts, entering approved payables, processing checks and mailing accordingly.
· Handles some aspects of general ledger (G/L)
· Creating and updating expense reports
· Processing reimbursement forms
· Enter financial transactions into internal databases
· Verifies and compiles deposits (cash, check, EDI, and credit cards) and enters accordingly after taking deposits to the bank or receiving online
· Enters in all daily invoice reports no less than on a daily basis
· Files invoices with processed checks to maintain an orderly accounting filing system
· Provide financial reports as requested by CFO, President and banking vendors.
· Assists with annual audit.
· Daily pick up of mail at the Post Office and Superior Storage mailbox and distribution of such to appropriate staff
· Assists with answering incoming administration and vendor calls
· Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management and monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
· Assists with monthly employee meeting preparation
· Drafts correspondence as requested
· Participate in events as needed as a member of administrative staff.
· Maintains overall office and receptionist area appearance
· Maintains and distributes subcontractor and vendor contact information on a monthly basis
· Maintains employee emergency contact information on a monthly basis
· Maintains and distributes employee anniversary and birthday listings on a monthly basis
· Other duties as assigned by management
Time Management Business Acumen
Communication Proficiency Ethical Conduct
Personal Effectiveness/Credibility Problem Solving/Analysis
Organizational Effectiveness Customer Service
Accounting Software Proficiency Math skills
Administrative Assistant- Bookkeeper reports to the CFO and the Operations Manager. There are no direct reports for this position.
This position requires up to 0% travel.
High School Diploma
Associates/Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in business. (preferred)
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and stoop or kneel. Heavy lifting may be required, up to 25 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud, wet and dusty, at times.
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Social Security, Simple IRA plan, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, Health Care Plan, Dental Care Plan, Vision Care Plan, Short-term Disability Plan, Long-term Disability, Employee Discounts, Education/Training, Unemployment Compensation Insurance.
Email your resume to Resume@amccountertops.com and reference ‘Admin Assistant for Customer Service’ in the subject line.