Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes
“I love to cook and Italian food is one of my all time favorites – especially when the recipe is quick, easy, fresh and can be eaten right away! Caprese is a great appetizer and can be eaten on bread or as is. It is traditionally made with large tomatoes that layer with the fresh mozzarella slices, but I had heirloom tomatoes on hand. Drizzle balsamic and olive oil, some salt and it’s ready to eat!”
– Fresh mozzarella cheese log (I like the pre-sliced one!)
– Baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
– Balsamic vinegar
– Olive oil
– Fresh basil leaves (you can use dried)
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the mozzarella log into 12 slices and arrange on 3 on each plate.
2, Add your desired amount of tomatoes on top of the cheese.
3. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
4. Add fresh or dried basil leaves and salt and pepper.
We love super fresh ingredients so we love going to local farmers markets. Some of our favorites are the Oshkosh Farmers Market, Green Bay Farmers Market, Appleton Farmers Market, and the Fond du Lac Farmers Market. We also love Festival Foods!